Publisher: Little, Brown
Format: Kindle ebook
Genre: Paranormal Fantasy, Young Adult
Publication Date: 8.21.2009
An ancient prophecy divides two sisters-
Who will prevail?
Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents’ deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets.
Lia and Alice don’t know whom they can trust.
They just know they can’t trust each other.
What I loved
- Michelle Zink's writing. It was beautiful!
- The setting. I was drawn to the time period, and I liked the Gothic feel it had to it.
- The concept of the prophecy. Seriously. Generations of sisters turned against each other? Genius!
- The strong beginning.
What I didn't love
- The plot fell short. Honestly, I was expecting more, and it didn't deliver.
- There were a few times when the emotions of the characters didn't match with the situation. Most notably, was a horrible part towards the end, where emotions were just not there...and they really should have been.